Lehigh’s men’s lacrosse team making moves

The team is now ranked inside the top 10 in the country

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.app.goo.gl%2FyEhn3fmSULSJ8YH56%0A

https://images.app.goo.gl/yEhn3fmSULSJ8YH56

Colin Zavacky, Sports Editor

As lacrosse continues to be a growing sport, more players are picking up sticks, more colleges are creating teams, and many student athletes have been getting involved with the sport. There have been more and more students wanting to play lacrosse in college simply for the love of the sport, knowing that professional lacrosse isn’t necessarily a full time job that can support you.

As for the Lehigh men’s lacrosse team, they have been a growing program as they have gotten consistently better throughout the past few years. But this season is astronomically different than any other as they are currently ranked 7th in the country. 

What helped them get to this point was a plethora of factors, including a big win over Army on Saturday, April 3rd, and another huge win over Loyola (MD) earlier in the season 10-6. Furthermore, they recently beat the 19 seeded Midshipmen of Navy on Saturday, April 10th, in a commanding 13-7 win.

Everybody has played a role in the great season they have going, including; coach Kevin Cassese who has made some huge calls through the Army and Loyola games, and Mike Sisselberger, a Southern Lehigh graduate, who has helped the mountain hawks tremendously at the X as he currently has the best face-off percentage out of any team in the nation.

With only 5 games left in the regular season, Cassese and the hawks look to glide to the Patriot League championship who they will most likely face Army or Loyola. 

As for the postseason, Lehigh is looking to go deep into the NCAA tournament this year as they know that they can compete with anybody and hang with the top teams in the nation. They know they have the weapons and players to do so, it is just a matter of putting all of the pieces together and bringing home some hardware.