2021 Seniors: heading to college

Many seniors make plans for the next four years

Molly Youells, News Editor

As senior year comes to an end, the time to think about college begins. For many, college is going to be life for the next four years. The question is, “where is everyone ending up?”

It’s been a difficult year for college selections due to the inability to take college tours. This hasn’t stopped our seniors from preparing for their next four years.

As of now, seniors are beginning to commit to schools left and right. The deadline of commitment is May 1.

Saucon Valley has had a few athletic commitments. Maria Donahue has committed to The University of Pittsburgh for lacrosse. Colin Zyck has also committed to play lacrosse at Saint Joseph’s University. Also, Colin Johnson committed to Elizabethtown to play lacrosse.

There’s been a few colleges with small clusters of Saucon Valley students attending. Penn State has been popular this year, and we’ve seen a few future Lehigh University students as well.

Many students seem to be attending NACC next year due to the uncertainty of the pandemic. Some are also going there for a cheaper, but still high quality education.

Much rather than staying close to home, some students have been accepted or have committed quite far away. Some examples would be West Virginia University or University of Tennessee.

Future West Virginia Mountaineer Makenzie Shimko stated, “I wanted to experience life outside Pennsylvania for a bit, and I absolutely fell in love with the university. I didn’t even care about the distance from home.”

Although college decisions are harder this year than in the past, Saucon’s 2021 graduates are committed and ready to take the next step in life.