Reflecting on senior year

The Class of 2021 review their last year at Saucon Valley HS

Molly Youells, News Editor

The pandemic has altered senior year as we know it. Activities, dances, and school itself haven’t been the same for us. We were ready for senior year to be memorable, and although it will be, this isn’t what we meant. 

Seniors have been handling this year really well, and I believe we are thankful to even be able to attend school in person. Yes, opportunities were taken away from us, but we’ve prevailed. 

As we move towards the final weeks of high school, seniors have definitely reflected on the year they’ve had. When asked if he enjoyed senior year, Aaron Grogg replied with “I enjoyed senior year, and with senior privilege being a thing it gives me more free time in my schedule.”

Seniors were also asked to rate their senior year on a scale from one to ten, ten being the best. “I would rate my senior year either a 7 or an 8. I was really happy to be back in school, but there were a lot of COVID-19 restrictions.” stated senior Ryan Lebo. 

Claire Cassellia commented that “the only thing I would have changed about my senior year was COVID-19.” Undoubtedly, most seniors would probably agree with this. That was the only variable keeping us from a normal senior year. 

The school has done its best to keep us safe while remaining engaged in our senior year. We are still able to get together and see each other at school, and we are grateful for that. 

The final week of our senior year is promising. We are able to celebrate together with a prom and a semi-normal outdoor graduation. 

Although troublesome, the seniors believe this pandemic-filled school is one to remember.