An “evening under the stars”

Senior class gets a sense of normalcy with prom

Tamara+Gary

Tamara Gary

Katie Marker, Writer

Who wouldn’t want an evening under the stars? After a year of exhausting restrictions, having a little sense of normalcy is just what the doctor ordered. The senior class finalized that we will have a senior-only prom that will be held at Steel Club on June 1, from 5 pm-10 pm. The junior class and their advisor, Ms.Keeney, have been working tirelessly to ensure a fun and memorable experience for the senior class. 

Prom tickets were on sale since the week of April 19th until April 30th. They were $60 per ticket. The prom will be held outside and the students are required to wear masks at all times, besides when they are seated at their tables.

The senior class is excited and very thankful they get the opportunity to get a prom after an abnormal year with COVID-19.

Senior SGA president, Anna Burfeind, is very grateful for the work the junior class has done. “I’m really excited we are having a prom this year. It isn’t the full prom we were hoping for but that’s how things are this year,” stated Burfeind.

“I think that we are very fortunate to be able to still have a prom considering the circumstances we are in right now because of the pandemic,” stated the senior class president, Grace Albano, who is also very excited about the senior prom. “I am also very appreciative of all the teachers and administrators that have worked long and hard in order to make this happen for the seniors.”

The seniors remain grateful they are able to have a prom after the crazy year, and are excited for a very anticipated “evening under the stars”.