Carnival returns to Dimmick Park this summer

The returns of the local carnival through Dewy Fire co. at Dimmick Park returning this summer

Sara Good, Writer

The carnival company Goodtime Amusements is set to return this summer to Dimmick Park. Last summer this local event was canceled due to COVID-19 lockdowns.

The arrival of the carnival is set to be July 13th to July 17th where on Friday night the firework show will be happening again.

As of now regarding restrictions, “Whatever guidelines are set by the Pennsylvania Department of Health,” is stated by owner Judd Good. As of now, the state will be dropping all COVID-19 restrictions except the mask mandate after Memorial Day, but this could potentially change by then.

Goodtime Amusements is a locally owned company that seems to be happy to open up again and provide entertainment for the community and it seems those who were disappointed to not attend last year are excited to be able to attend this year. 

“I’m very excited because I haven’t really been able to do anything with my friends during this pandemic and this allows me to hang out with my friends,” stated sophomore Morgan Staats.

Aside from the excitement of being able to attend, sophomore Laura Johnson sees this as a good opportunity. “The carnival gives good opportunities to gather with friends and maintain outdoor social distancing rules. I think it will be good to get out of the house and see people we wouldn’t typically see during the pandemic.”

The return of this event this summer is a big step from where our community was last summer. Hopefully this will feel like a change back to normalcy.