A close look at Penn State University

A+ review for local university

March 2, 2021

With so many different universities, each one unique and special for a variety of things, it can be difficult to pick just one. Penn State University is a very well known and popular college in Pennsylvania. Students from all across the globe attend the school, but what makes it so popular? Penn State has an impressive graduation rate of 85%, along with an acceptance rate of 56%. It has many different programs to study, ranging from Biology to Engineering, to Art and Architecture, and many more. At Penn State’s main campus, there are over 46,000 undergraduate students. However, across all of its branches, they have a total of around 98,000 students.  

According to niche.com, Penn State’s grade is an A for Academics, Value, Diversity, Campus, and Campus Food, which is a higher standard. Penn State also has an A+ for Athletics, Student Life, Party Scene, and Professors, but it has a B- for safety along with a B for dorms. All in all, Penn State seems to keep an impressive resumé.  

“I have already went on a tour of the campus. Yes, I can see myself going there,” stated senior Makenzie Shimko, when asked about her prospective colleges.

Cost may be a problem for many people considering college. Luckily, Penn State offers scholarships and financial aid. Before financial aid, the total cost to attend Penn State, including room and board and books is $36,962. After financial aid, depending on your household income, the total cost should decrease. 

With hundreds of clubs and organizations, and a diverse student population, those attending Penn State have no problem finding the right group of people they fit in with. Additionally, with the wide variety of different majors, students have no problem finding what best interests them and what they enjoy learning.