Big panther, little panther

March 24, 2023

Big+panther+reads+to+a+classroom.+Big+panther%2C+Little+panther+is+an+organization+that+partners+bigs+with+littles+to+show+them+how+high+school+works.+

Big panther reads to a classroom. Big panther, Little panther is an organization that partners bigs with littles to show them how high school works.

Big panther, Little panther is a program that the Saucon Valley High School and Saucon Valley Elementary School staff created to have to ability to have the older students mentor the younger ones.“Big panthers” were selected to work with “little panthers.”  Many Big Panthers think it is a privilege to mentor to a little panther and show them what is looks like in high school and what they have to look forward to.

Special education teacher Megan Bath, a leader in the program commented on what made her want to take part in a program like this. “In my teaching career, I’ve always wanted to encourage leadership advice. At Saucon Valley, we get the opportunity to teach the elementary schoolers responsibility necessary in their future years as upcoming students. Students and staff enjoy going to see all the littles and they all look up to the older people for future advice. Every day the “littles” ask their teachers when we are coming to see them,” said Bath.

“BPLP is fun. You get to change your mindset to understand the kids mindset,” said senior Devin Morris when asked what he enjoys most about the program.

The program includes elementary schoolers in grades K-4 and high schoolers in grades 9-12.