Saying goodbye to class of 2023

The 23’ seniors sitting for their class portrait. The senior class will say goodbye to Saucon on June 2 of 2023.

Ethan Wildrick, Writer

As the 2022-2023 school year comes to a close, the class of 23’ seniors begin to look back on their time in SVHS.

“Honestly, I’m having a lot of mixed feelings. I love the fact that I’m graduating, but I’m going to miss this place. I’m excited that after 12 years of education, I finally made it,” senior Xavier Fritz commented. Fritz has attended BAVTS for culinary arts the past three years and will now be moving on to college to pursue his dreams of becoming a chef.

An instagram account named “saucon2023commitments” has been created to feature seniors’ future college and major. It is encouraged that all seniors put their future plans onto the Instagram page. This can be done by messaging the account with your college, major, and personal photo. 

“I will miss the whole vibe of SVHS; all the staff, teachers, assistants, and everyone else. My favorite memory would be going to the football games with the boys,” Fritz said. 

“I feel like the senior year is coming by fast,” senior Sean Creveling explained. “I will miss the people I developed friendships with.”

The final day for high school students is scheduled for June 2, the same day as senior graduation. Senior graduation is scheduled to begin at 6:30pm with the doors opening at 5:30. The rain date is scheduled for June 3 at the same time. The location for graduation is at the Montfort E. Illick Stadium.

“My all-time favorite moment from Saucon is prom and the lead up to it,” Creveling added. The 2022-2023 prom, “A Night in the Italian Countryside,” will take place in under two weeks on May 5th. The time slots to purchase tickets have been closed.